India vs New Zealand ODI World Cup 2023
:Hello friends, in today’s article we will talk about the IND vs NZ ODI World Cup in 2019 in the World Cup semi-finals in which India was eliminated after losing to New Zealand.
Today they have a match against the same team again and the weather is expected to be a little worse there. The probability of rain is said to be around 45 per cent. Due to being a hilly area, it becomes very cold as the evening falls, hence both the teams. South Africa captain Temba Bavuma has fallen ill due to this cold due to which he could not even play the match against England.
India vs New Zealand team records
If we talk about the Indian team, Hardik Pandya has reached the National Cricket Academy, Bengaluru after injury. Unless he gets fitness clearance, he will not be able to join the Indian team. Suryakumar Yadav in place of Hardik Pandya and Mohammed Shami in place of Shardul Thakur will be part of the Indian playing XI.
Dharamshala is considered to be one of the few wickets favourable for fast bowlers in India. Here fast bowlers get swing and seam movement. In such a situation, the trio of Jasprit Bumrah, Mohammed Siraj and Mohammed Shami can together create havoc against New Zealand. Till now both the teams have played against each other a total of 116 times in ODI matches.
- In which Team India has won 58 matches and New Zealand has won 50 matches. And 7 matches have been inconclusive and 1 match has been tied.
- Talking about the tournament, India and New Zealand teams have not missed any matches.
- Both teams have won four matches each.
- The victory chariot of one team will be broken in the match to be held on Sunday.
- The net run rate of the Kiwi team is +1.923, while the net run rate of Team India is +1.659. According to this information, New Zealand is number one in the points table.
- If we talk about the Indian team, it will leave no stone unturned in defeating it and ousting it from the top position.
Records of IND vs NZ players?
- Talking about Indian players, Rohit Sharma and Virat Kohli are very good batsmen who scored runs for India in the World Cup.
- Rohit has scored 265 runs in 4 innings at a strike rate of 137.31, while Virat has scored 259 runs. During this period, Hitman’s average was 66.25 and Virat’s average was 129.50.
- Devon Conway and Rachin Ravindra are the highest run-scoring batsmen for New Zealand.
- Conway scored 249 runs in 4 innings at an average of 83 while Rachin scored 215 runs in the same innings at an average of 71.67 and a strike rate of 106.97.
- Interestingly, all four, Rohit, Virat, Conway and Rachin have scored 1 century each.
- India is the only team in the World Cup, whose 3 batsmen are in the top 10 in the ICC ODI rankings. Shubman Gill is in second place, Rohit Sharma is in sixth place and Virat Kohli is in ninth place.
IND vs NZ bowling
- 2 bowlers from New Zealand are included in the list of the top 5 bowlers who have taken the most wickets in this World Cup so far.
- Mitchell Santner has taken the maximum of 11 wickets in 4 matches of this World Cup with an economy of 4.41.
- Matt Henry has had 9 successes in as many matches with an economy of 4.84.
- Jasprit Bumrah has taken 10 wickets in 4 matches at an economical economy of 3.62, while Ravindra Jadeja has taken 7 wickets at an economy of 3.75 and Kuldeep Yadav has taken 6 wickets at an economy of 4.10.
- Injured Hardik Pandya from India and Kane Williamson from New Zealand will not be a part of this match.
- India will greatly miss the absence of all-rounder Hardik Pandya in the big match.
IND VS NZ HEAD-TO-HEAD IN WORLD CUP
- Matches played – 9
- India won – 3
- New Zealand won – 5
- No Result – 1
- Last result – New Zealand won by 18 runs (2019; Manchester)
IND VS NZ – LIST OF RESULTS IN WORLD CUP
- 1975 – New Zealand won by 4 wickets (Manchester)
- 1979 – New Zealand won by 8 wickets (Leeds)
- 1987 – India won by 16 runs (Bengaluru)
- 1987 – India won by 9 wickets (Nagpur)
- 1992 – New Zealand won by 4 wickets (Dunedin)
- 1999 – New Zealand won by 5 wickets (Nottingham)
- 2003 – India won by 7 wickets (Centurion)
- 2019 – Match abandoned without a ball bowled (Nottingham)
- 2019 – New Zealand won by 18 runs (Manchester)
Do you know?
Shubman Gill has come very close to reaching 2,000 runs in ODIs, only 14 runs are left. If he achieves this feat in this match, then he will leave behind Hashim Amla’s record of fastest reaching 2000 runs in ODI cricket.
We hope you have learned about India vs New Zealand, ODI World Cup 2023 and if you found this information useful then share it with your friends and family members if you want to know more about it please Let us know by commenting.